Paralegal Mark Anthony Given compiles Winning Federal Cases published in the Federal Report on subjects from Criminal Law, Habeas Corpus, Social Security Disability and the Bureau of Prisons and is available for legal writing and research at markamania2002@yahoo.com

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

US v. Sanders, 452 F.3d 572 (4th Cir. 2006).Boyce R. Martin, Circuit Judge, Dissenting. When I think about this case, as I have done so often as of late, it makes me sick to my stomach. To imagine the emotional and psychological turmoil Mr. Sanders has been forced to endure as a result of the government's action and inaction in this case shocks and angers me to no end. Sanders woke up every day for six years believing that he was a free man. That's 2,190 mornings. And, in this case, it appears that Lummie Sanders used each of those days to make something out of his life. I cannot imagine any more settled expectations than those. I would order Sanders released from prison immediately. If we as a federal court cannot remedy the truly fundamentally unfair result that exists here, I don't know what good we are. And the law, well, if the law truly requires Lummie Sanders to go back to prison-the law is a ass.FN5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home